Saturday, April 13, 2013

A Reluctant Model

I really hate having my photo taken.  Thankfully, I have a very patient husband who also happens to be a photographer who also happens to have taken classes to learn about lighting and posing, er, voluptuous girls to make us look a little less large.   He is so lucky to have me to practice on!

So last week we did a photo session in his studio (conveniently located in the Alamosa Masonic Lodge next door to my yarn studio) to record some completed knitted projects made with my hand dyed yarns. Please excuse the goofy expressions.  A model I am not.
























Here is a Swirl jacket from the Knit, Swirl! book by Sandra McIver.  This was "Plum Perfect" in 10-textured Fusion Yarn in the colorway  "Scheherazade."


Next is another Swirl jacket from the same book.  I just finished this one - the pattern is "Sheer Beauty" in the colorway "Aurora Borealis."  This was a special kit created just for this jacket, and is a merino/silk/stellina (glitter) and kid mohair/silk/lurex (glitter) blend.  I have also created kits for this jacket that do not contain glitter, having found that while some knitters love bling in their yarn, others are violently opposed to it.







The yarn that I used for "Plum Perfect" can be found on our web site, at my studio, in our vendor booth if you catch us at an event, or at one of the wonderful yarn shops that stock us (see right).  We are working on getting kits for other Swirl jackets up on the web site, but presently they are available in our studio and at events.  Happy Knitting!



No comments:

Post a Comment