Sunday, January 3, 2016

Zig, then Zag - One for Crocheters!

Finally a Fusion Yarn pattern for crocheters!

Mainly I am a knitter, so it took me awhile to come up with something for people who prefer to crochet - apologies for that.




As the name implies, this is a zig-zag pattern scarf, worked on the length.  I chose to work this on only one side (ending with each row on the left and starting a new row on the right, rather than turning the work).  My friend created hers by knitting through the back loop only, and that gave an interesting effect as well.  This project uses a 500-yard skein of Cat Mountain Fiber Arts Fusion Yarn.  Sample was made from Alpine Autumn.  

This scarf is very long - about 100 inches, and the zig zag pattern reminds me of old crochet afghans from the 1970's.  The pattern includes instructions for how to reduce the length and make a wider scarf, if you so choose.  Happy crocheting!


Ravelry link to Zig, then Zag

Many thanks to friend Regis for modeling the scarf for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment