Saturday, June 8, 2019

Catching Up

Other than last week, I haven't posted in a long time.  Mainly its because I spend so much time dyeing yarn, going to shows, knitting samples, and waah waah waah.  Anyway, I haven't actually been twiddling my thumbs for the past two years, and its time to catch up on some patterns!

Starting with my favorite new one:

One of the things I love about the drea renee Find Your Fade pattern is the asymmetrical "kite"shape. It wraps so nicely and has that subtle "v" that looks so pretty with variegated yarn.   So I figured out the formula for making shawls in that shape, and not running out of yarn before you get to the end (basically you use 40% of your yardage on the first section, leaving 60% for the part after you stop increasing on each side  -  I explain it all to death in my pattern!) 

This one is made out of a Fusion 800, in Stormy.

So fun with the eight textures of yarn, and the 800 yards makes it a very nice size.  Its mostly garter stitch, with an optional eyelet row to make it a little more interesting if you want that.  

I'm thinking one out of Fusion 750 might be nice too. 

Meanwhile, this pattern is added to the right side bar with our others,and as always is free on Ravelry.   If you aren't on Ravelry and would like to have it emailed to you, just drop us a message.  

No comments:

Post a Comment